SOAP Request Failed in SOAP Test Case
What will happen if a SOAP request failed in a test case?
When the SOAP server failed to process a SOAP request, it should return a SOAP Fault message as shown below.
1. Open NDFD-soapui.xml project in SoapUI.
2. Double-click on "SOAP Request Error" you added in the last tutorial. You see a sample SOAP request message.
3. Review the request message and change the "zipCodeList" value to be "xxxxx".
4. Click "Run" icon to test the request. You see the request status changing to red, indicating the request failed.
5. Review the response message. You see the following SOAP Fault message.
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <SOAP-ENV:Body> <SOAP-ENV:Fault> <faultcode xsi:type="xsd:string">SERVER</faultcode> <faultactor xsi:type="xsd:string"/> <faultstring xsi:type="xsd:string">Error with one or more zip codes:</faultstring> <detail xsi:type="xsd:string"> <error>Error: Zip code "xxxxx" is not a valid US zip code</error> </detail> </SOAP-ENV:Fault> </SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
6. Click "Assertions" tab below the request window. You see 2 assertions: 1 is VALID and 1 is FAILED.
SOAP Response - VALID Not SOAP Fault - Failed -> Response is a SOAP Fault
7. Run the test case again. You see the test case status changing to red, indicating at least 1 test step failed.
The picture below shows you what happens when SOAP Request Failed in SOAP Test Case:
2018-03-31, 317👍, 0💬
How to valid MAC addresses? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.com has de...
How to generate test phone numbers? Test phone numbers are frequently needed in testing applications...
How to convert binary data to hexadecimal format (or Binary to Hex Encoding)? Binary to Hex encoding...
What are date and time test values? Date and time test values are frequently needed in testing date ...
How to find out my browser's identification information? To help you to see your browser identificat...