Create REST Project in SoapUI
How to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs?
This tutorial shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test a REST API using iextrading.com API as an example.
1. Start SoapUI on your computer.
2. Click "File > New REST Project". You see the "New REST Project" dialog box.
3. Enter the following URL in the URL field:
4. Click "OK". You see "REST Project 1" created with the following objects:
Project: REST Project 1 Service: https://api.iextrading.com Resource: List [/1.0/stock/market/list/mostactive] Method: GET Request: Request 1
5. Double-click on "Request 1" to open it. You see the following settings for the request.
Method: GET Endpoint: https://api.iextrading.com Recource: /1.0/stock/macket/list Parameters: None
6. Click "File > Save All Projects" menu and save it as "\fyicenter\REST-project.xml".
Notice that how the REST API URL is divided into 2 parts: Endpoint and Resource.
The picture below shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs:
2018-02-05, 122👍, 0💬
What are date and time test values? Date and time test values are frequently needed in testing date ...
How to validate domain name format? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.co...
How to validate email address format? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter....
Where to find online test tools? FYIcenter.com has prepared a number of online test tools: Data Look...
How to perform regular expression pattern match with multiple occurrences? To perform a regular expr...