Create REST Project in SoapUI
How to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs?
This tutorial shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test a REST API using iextrading.com API as an example.
1. Start SoapUI on your computer.
2. Click "File > New REST Project". You see the "New REST Project" dialog box.
3. Enter the following URL in the URL field:
4. Click "OK". You see "REST Project 1" created with the following objects:
Project: REST Project 1 Service: https://api.iextrading.com Resource: List [/1.0/stock/market/list/mostactive] Method: GET Request: Request 1
5. Double-click on "Request 1" to open it. You see the following settings for the request.
Method: GET Endpoint: https://api.iextrading.com Recource: /1.0/stock/macket/list Parameters: None
6. Click "File > Save All Projects" menu and save it as "\fyicenter\REST-project.xml".
Notice that how the REST API URL is divided into 2 parts: Endpoint and Resource.
The picture below shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs:
â‡‘â‡‘ SoapUI Tutorials
2018-03-24, 1296👍, 0💬
What are date and time test values? Date and time test values are frequently needed in testing date ...
In what order thread groups are executed in JMeter? Thread groups, including regular "Thread Groups"...
How to generate email addresses? To help you to obtain some email addresses for testing purpose, FYI...
How to validate and decode MAC (Media Access Control) addresses? In order to help your programming o...
How to generate test fractional numbers? Test fractional numbers are numbers with fractions that are...