Create REST Project in SoapUI
How to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs?
This tutorial shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test a REST API using iextrading.com API as an example.
1. Start SoapUI on your computer.
2. Click "File > New REST Project". You see the "New REST Project" dialog box.
3. Enter the following URL in the URL field:
4. Click "OK". You see "REST Project 1" created with the following objects:
Project: REST Project 1 Service: https://api.iextrading.com Resource: List [/1.0/stock/market/list/mostactive] Method: GET Request: Request 1
5. Double-click on "Request 1" to open it. You see the following settings for the request.
Method: GET Endpoint: https://api.iextrading.com Recource: /1.0/stock/macket/list Parameters: None
6. Click "File > Save All Projects" menu and save it as "\fyicenter\REST-project.xml".
Notice that how the REST API URL is divided into 2 parts: Endpoint and Resource.
The picture below shows you how to create a REST project in SoapUI to test REST APIs:
2018-03-24, 442👍, 0💬
How to convert hexadecimal encoded data back to binary data (or Hex to Binary Decoding)? Hex to Bina...
How to set Content-Type to application/json? The server requires the Content-Type to be application/...
How to generate test phone numbers? Test phone numbers are frequently needed in testing applications...
How to generate currency test values? Currency test values are frequently needed in testing date and...
How to generate MAC addresses? To help you to obtain some MAC addresses for testing purpose, FYIcent...