What Is REST and RESTful API
What Is REST and RESTful API?
REST (Representational State Transfer) is style of software architecture that follows these constraints:
1. Client-Server Architecture - The software is divided into two components: the client component that interacts with end users with data presentation and data input, and the server component that stores data and applies business logics.
2. Statelessness - The client–server communication is stateless. So each request from any client contains all the information necessary for the server to respond.
3. Cacheability - Server should try to provide responses that are cacheable by clients or intermediaries to improve scalability and performance.
4. Layered System - Intermediary servers are allowed to be introduced between clients and the server to improve scalability and performance, or to add additional functionalities.
6. Uniform Interface - The client-server interface should meet the following standards:
RESTful API refers the client-server API of a REST compliant software.
2018-03-31, 209👍, 0💬
What are date and time test values? Date and time test values are frequently needed in testing date ...
How to generate user birthday dates? Test user birthday dates are frequently needed in testing appli...
How to convert hexadecimal encoded data back to binary data (or Hex to Binary Decoding)? Hex to Bina...
Where to find online test tools? FYIcenter.com has prepared a number of online test tools: Data Look...
How to generate currency test values? Currency test values are frequently needed in testing date and...