What Is REST and RESTful API
What Is REST and RESTful API?
REST (Representational State Transfer) is style of software architecture that follows these constraints:
1. Client-Server Architecture - The software is divided into two components: the client component that interacts with end users with data presentation and data input, and the server component that stores data and applies business logics.
2. Statelessness - The client–server communication is stateless. So each request from any client contains all the information necessary for the server to respond.
3. Cacheability - Server should try to provide responses that are cacheable by clients or intermediaries to improve scalability and performance.
4. Layered System - Intermediary servers are allowed to be introduced between clients and the server to improve scalability and performance, or to add additional functionalities.
6. Uniform Interface - The client-server interface should meet the following standards:
RESTful API refers the client-server API of a REST compliant software.
2018-03-31, 319👍, 0💬
How to find out my browser's identification information? To help you to see your browser identificat...
What are date and time test values? Date and time test values are frequently needed in testing date ...
How to valid MAC addresses? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.com has de...
Where to find tutorials on UFT (Unified Functional Testing) tool? I want to know how to use UFT. Her...
How to generate test fractional numbers? Test fractional numbers are numbers with fractions that are...