What Is REST and RESTful API
What Is REST and RESTful API?
REST (Representational State Transfer) is style of software architecture that follows these constraints:
1. Client-Server Architecture - The software is divided into two components: the client component that interacts with end users with data presentation and data input, and the server component that stores data and applies business logics.
2. Statelessness - The clientâ€“server communication is stateless. So each request from any client contains all the information necessary for the server to respond.
3. Cacheability - Server should try to provide responses that are cacheable by clients or intermediaries to improve scalability and performance.
4. Layered System - Intermediary servers are allowed to be introduced between clients and the server to improve scalability and performance, or to add additional functionalities.
6. Uniform Interface - The client-server interface should meet the following standards:
RESTful API refers the client-server API of a REST compliant software.
â‡’ Terminologies Used in RESTful API
â‡ Testing REST API with SoapUI
â‡‘ Testing REST API with SoapUI
â‡‘â‡‘ SoapUI Tutorials
2018-03-31, 992👍, 0💬
How to generate user full names? Test user names are frequently needed in testing applications that ...
Where to find tutorials on UFT (Unified Functional Testing) tool? I want to know how to use UFT. Her...
How to perform regular expression pattern match with multiple occurrences? To perform a regular expr...
How to validate and decode MAC (Media Access Control) addresses? In order to help your programming o...
How to set Content-Type to application/json? The server requires the Content-Type to be application/...