HTTP Request to Get Home Page
How to use the HTTP Request Sampler to get the home page from a Website?
This tutorial shows you how to use the use the HTTP Request Sampler to get the home page from www.facebook.com.
1. Start JMeter on your computer.
2. Change the default Test Plan name to "Facebook Login Test Plan".
3. Add a child "Thread Group" called "Login Test Case".
4. Add a child "HTTP Request" sampler called "GET Home Page". And enter "www.facebook.com" as the "Server Name".
5. Add a child "View Result Tree" listener.
6. Click "File > Save Test Plan As" menu and save it as "\fyicenter\Facebook-Login-Test.jmx".
7. Click "Run > Start" menu to run the test.
8. Click "View Result Tree" in the left panel to open it. You see the "GET Home Page" test sampler executed successfully.
9. Open "View Result Tree" child list. You see 2 sub-samplers: http://www.facebook.com and https://www.facebook.com, because JMeter automatically follows the redirect message by the first call, switching from HTTP protocol to HTTPS protocal.
The picture below shows you how to use
View Result Tree on HTTP Request Sampler:
2017-11-18, 588👍, 0💬
How to validate domain name format? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.co...
How to perform regular expression pattern match with multiple occurrences? To perform a regular expr...
How to valid MAC addresses? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.com has de...
How to generate user full names? Test user names are frequently needed in testing applications that ...
How to generate IP Addresses? To help you to obtain some IP addresses for testing purpose, FYIcenter...