Assertion on Home Page Response Time
How to verify if I the home page responsed faster than half a second?
You can add Duration Assertions to the HTTP request to very if the home page HTTP responsed faster enough or not as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start JMeter on your computer and open "\fyicenter\Facebook-Login-Test-2.jmx".
2. Right-click on the "GET SSL Home Page" HTTP Request sampler, and select "Add > Assertion > Duration Assertion". You see the "Duration Assertion" settings screen.
3. Modify the following settings:
Name: Less Than Half Second Apply to: Main sample and sub-samples Duration in milliseconds: 500
4. Click "File > Save Test Plan As" menu and save it as "\fyicenter\Facebook-Login-Test-3.jmx".
5. Click "Run > Start" menu to run the test.
6. Click "View Result Tree" in the left panel to open it. You see the "GET SSL Home Page" test sampler failed.
7. Open the child list of the failed "GET SSL Home Page" sampler. You see the failed Assertion with assertion result tell you that the home page request took 2,717 milliseconds, way more than half seconds (500 milliseconds).
The picture below shows you how to use Duration Assertion
to verify HTTP request execution time:
2017-11-18, 409👍, 0💬
Where to find test data generators? FYIcenter.com has prepared a number of test data generators for ...
How to convert hexadecimal encoded data back to binary data (or Hex to Binary Decoding)? Hex to Bina...
How to valid IP addresses? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.com has des...
How to validate domain name format? In order to help your programming or testing tasks, FYIcenter.co...
How to convert a date and time to a standard format? Date and time can be displayed in a number of s...