Is this correct behavior for Silk or one of the idiosyncrasies of my non-standard windows ...
SilkTest Questions and Anwsers
(Continued from previous question...)
Is this correct
behavior for Silk or one of the idiosyncrasies of my non-standard windows ...
77. When I extended the delay I noticed that Silk is a bit bizarre in the way it
selects a sub menu item. For example, if you're selecting the first sub menu
off the first menu item Silk drops down the menu, highlights the last item
then back to the top and finally selects the sub item. Is this correct
behavior for Silk or one of the idiosyncrasies of my non-standard windows
If I recall correctly, this behavior is a symptom of having changed the "Events
used to invoke popup menus" string in the Agent Options/Other tab. Its default
value is set to an unintuitive "<Button 2><Up><Down>". However, if you change
it to "<Button 2><Down><Up>" it will perform as you describe.
If you select Options->Agent, then select the "Other" tab, you'll see a
couple of checkboxes: "Pick menus before getting menu item information" and
"Pick dropdowns before getting menu item information". I'm guessing that you
have these checked by the behaviour you are describing. If you uncheck them,
Silk won't check all of the menuitems before it does the Pick().
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions
- What is SilkTest?
- What is the Segue Testing Methodology?
- What is SilkTest Host?
- What is SilkTest Agent?
- What is 4Test?
- What is the DOM browser extension?
- What is the VO browser extension?
- Is there any problem in using scripts created on v6.0 to 6.5 or higher versions?
- I have recently encounterd a problem using Silk Test V3 ...
- What is SilkTest project?
- How to create a new SilkTest project?
- Is There any function for word count of web page is available in the SilkTest??
- What is a SilkTest Testplan?
- What's the best way to create a new test script?
- How to get button caption?
- How to close unexpected window??
- What are the types of text lines in a testplan file?
- What are testplan attributes?
- What are the default testplan attributes?
- How to maintain recovery system?
- How to define new testplan attributes?
- Retrieve text from disable textfield.Silk is not recognizing that disable object. How can I come to a conclusion?
- When invoking the java application there the application is getting invoked ...
- I am investigating solutions for automating an 'Invisible' Application and believe that using a Grid may solve many of my problems ...
- How to assign attribute values to test cases?
- Prob regarding close the Child Window
- How to create a test frame?
- What is stored in a test frame?
- I am facing a strange problem in which Agent hangs only while executing my script for the first time...
- What is the syntax of UI object identifier used by DOM extension?
- Problem in calling DLL functions.
- How to add objects of other pages to a test frame?
- Problem with JavaJFCTable class.
- What is DefaultBaseState?
- How to write function in inc file ?
- What is the standard flow of execution of a test case?
- How to record a test case?
- How to hide all the comments from a script if required?
- How to write a Masterplan?
- How to define an object verification in a test case?
- How to maintain global variable when script is run thru test plans?
- How to run a test case from a test script file?
- How can we get the IP address of a PC?
- What's in the test result file?
- Problem with the VerifyBitmap
- How to link an error in the result file to the script file?
- How to link an error in the result file to the script file?
- What is DBTester?
- What are the functions offered by DBTester?
- While (FileReadLine (hFile, sMailData)) is not doing it for each line of the input file. How do I tell it to go on to the next line and add each string to the list and add the list to the master list of list?
- Need help to create Frame Work with Web testing 1) Should I do window declaration for each page 2) Should I do window declaration with multiple tag 3) Which multitag should I choose
- How to create group and sub group descriptions in a testplan?
- How to create group and sub group descriptions in a testplan?Can SilkTest Verify Locations of Ads?
- Uploaded the image of the application ....
- GMO OnLine Trouble?
- How to define values for a testplan attribute?
- SilkTest runtime doesn't always get control (focus) after a test
- Where are the testplan attributes stored?
- What is a test frame?
- Testing a product with both web and non-web interfaces. testscripts to test both and has had trouble configuring Silk to do this. using Silk 2.1 and is wondering whether upgrading to Silk 5.0 might help?
- A problem with SilkTest seeing HTML Links as HTMLText
- How DOM browser extension identify a Web application UI object?
- How silktest recognize objects in UI? What it intenally calls to find out that the particular UI element is of which class etc??
- What is multi-tagging?
- How to get the integer value from a string ?
- How to specify a browser extension to a Web application?
- An application developed using Dotnet. and 1000 cases recorded for this application. ......
- How to test your DefaultBaseState?
- I have a GUI similar to Find Dialogue Box in Notepad.....
- What are the important aspects of a test case?
- WhaIs there a specific way to run a script from a point what I prefer, which is similar to run from cursor option in Winrunner.? Any patch, adding, etc… that enables this option in Silk.
- How to include a test case into a testplan?
- How to Setting Max value?
- How record a test case into a testplan automatically?
- Can SilkTest switch browsers automatically?
- How to run a test case from a testplan file?
- Is there a better way to generate a random integer than SilkTest's RandInt() function?
- How to run all test cases in a testplan?
- How to select a group of test cases in a testplan to run?
- How to open an existing SilkTest project?
- How does Silk do with People Soft applications ...
- Where is a testplan stored?
- Is this correct behavior for Silk or one of the idiosyncrasies of my non-standard windows ...
- How can I access a string from oracle DB?
- Sessionid's problem
- Html Push button is not recognizing
- How can I access empty string from excel sheet?
- How to do negative testing on webpage ? Can I have to capture all error pages ?
- Need help regd. silk test runing thr' .bat file on cmd prompt.?
- How actually ST works internally from developers point of view?
- I can't simple use "DialogBox (" ").Close ()" from some reason it is not working....
- Has anyone had any experience using the Japanese version of SilkTest?
- Getting following error on selecting an item from a ListBox ...
- On the test GUI there is Cancel button and the hot key for that is Alt-c ...
- Need to get file size for a file present on Unix machine , thr' silktest at run time. How to get it ?
- Does anybody know the escape sequence for 'space' in Silk Test?
- How to read .xls file contents without using the ddt wizard?
- How to write the single silk statement in two lines?
- I want to select sub menu -< what shuld I use ?
- I want to set current path run time ....
- What's about .vtp file in silktest?
- How can we use more than one browser in silktest. Suppose I want to use three browser how do write script for this case?
- What .OPT file is used for?
- How to get contents of a web page? (For Ex: "Yahoo" homepage)
- Expain about data driven testing using silktest
- For a registration purpose I am entering some data.....
- How to access script from other machine?
- Any ideas how to customize the default recovery system in order to close dialog boxes ...
- I want to remove printing of this script of the test case in result window. How can I do this?
- What is the solution for this?
- How to sort List of List of String?
- How to write a Masterplan?
- How to hide Password in the script file?
- How can we Increase the virtual memory in Silk Test?
- Can anybody explain me, where does logs get stored for an activity performed in Silktest?
- What is the meaning of the Automation framework especially in SilkTest?
- How to retrieve the decimal part of value stored in float variable. Also how to retrieve the Integer part? Is there a function?
- How to automate .Net application?
- Is there a way to handle this type of issue...
- I would like to verify the title of the new browser window that just popped after clicling link ....
- When I try to enable extensions for my browser i.e. IE, the following error occurs,
- Trying to create a datadriven tests ...
- Need to use the relative paths in my SilkTest Project. How to change the absolute paths to relative paths.
- Whether it will help you to get good opportunities on Silk after certification?
- I'm trying to run a remote application in Windows 2003. But everytime time I'm getting the following error:....
- Executing more than one testcase. suppose in first testcase has one functions that is returning some string value. How to use first test case value into second test case
- How to down load latest silk test trial version?
- How to launch 2 web application windows simultaneously thru Silktest?
- How to change the absolute paths to relative paths?
- How to search for html link?
- what if the object is dynamically changing.How does silktest identifies the object?
- How to validate that the data inserted via silktest is successfully inserted and the record of each user is found in the database?
- How do I declare the tag, so that SilkTest recognizes only the beginnig of the text?
- What I have to do to use the same scripts for web based testing
- Can we integrate Silk Test with Quality Centre?
- To verify the file, the two files are same and also check whether the data in it is also correct How to do it using verify function?
- My requiremtn is to click a link in the web based application ...
- Is there a way by which the different components within the calendar be recongnised by silktest?
- Runtime Error in Silk ?
- How load testing can be done with silk international ?
- For automating a web based application using JSP ...
- Does we need to make changes in window declaration dialog box?
- SilkTest vs. Visual Test
- What is AUT?
- How to create and edit a testplan?
- Is that because the RDC locks the desktop when I disconnect?
- How can I get password?
- Can SilkTest run on Mac?