Build Object Repository with Object Spy
How to Build Object Repository with Object Spy?
When writing UFT scripts for testing Web applications, you need to reference objects on each web pages. One way to build object repository is to use the UFT recording tool. Another way is to use the "Object Spy" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start Google Chrome and go to "http://sqa.fyicenter.com".
2. Start UFT with a new UFT test.
3. Click "Tools > Object Spy" menu. You see the Object Spy window.
4. Click the "Spy" icon. You see your mouse pointer becoming a spy tool.
5. Go back to the browser and spy the search box near the top of the Web page. You see the search box is highlighted.
6. Click on the search box. You see object properties are captured in the Object Spy window.
7. Click the "Add" icon. You see the captured object added to the local object repository.
The following picture shows you how to Build Object Repository with Object Spy:
2018-05-19, 326👍, 0💬
How to generate user full names? Test user names are frequently needed in testing applications that ...
How to encode a URL string? URL encoding is an Internet standard defined in RFC1738 to protect speci...
Where to find tutorials on Apache JMeter test tool? I want to know how to use Apache JMeter. Here is...
How to generate MAC addresses? To help you to obtain some MAC addresses for testing purpose, FYIcent...
How to generate currency test values? Currency test values are frequently needed in testing date and...