Why are there Bugs in Software?
(Continued from previous question...)
- Now: drop everything and take care of it as soon as you see this (usually for blocking bugs)
- P1: fix before next build to test
- P2: fix before final release
- P3: we probably won’t get to these, but we want to track them anyway
- Must fix as soon as possible. Bug is blocking further progress in this area.
- Should fix soon, before product release.
- Fix if time; somewhat trivial. May be postponed.
- High: This has a major impact on the customer. This must be fixed immediately.
- Medium: This has a major impact on the customer. The problem should be fixed before release of the current version in development, or a patch must be issued if possible.
- Low: This has a minor impact on the customer. The flaw should be fixed if there is time, but it can be deferred until the next release.
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions