Match Microsoft Edge Driver version with Edge
How to match Microsoft Edge Driver version with Edge browser version?
If you are using the Edge WebDriver with the Selenium Java API, you need to match the Microsoft Edge Driver version with Microsoft Edge browser version.
1. Run Microsoft Edge and click "Settings".
2. Scroll down. You see the EdgeHTML version #, like "EdgeHTML 17.17134". Do not look at the Edge version #, like "Edge 42.17134.1.0"
3. Go to Microsoft Edge Driver Website.
4. Click on "Release 17134" to start the download.
5. Save the download file to C:\fyicenter\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe
6. Copy the download file to C:\fyicenter\selenium\edgedriver folder.
7. Run the EdgeTest.java again with the matching Edge Driver:
C:\fyicenter> java -classpath \ .;\fyicenter\selenium\java\client-combined-3.141.59.jar;\ \fyicenter\selenium\java\libs\guava-25.0-jre.jar;\ \fyicenter\selenium\java\libs\okhttp-3.11.0.jar;\ \fyicenter\selenium\java\libs\okio-1.14.0.jar;\ \fyicenter\selenium\java\libs\commons-exec-1.3.jar \ -Dwebdriver.edge.driver=\fyicenter\selenium\edgedriver\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe \ EdgeTest [13:14:36.580] - Listening on http://localhost:8746/ 1:14:39 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake createSession INFO: Detected dialect: OSS [13:14:41.865] - Stopping server.
You see that the Edge browser is started and stopped correctly with no errors.
2020-01-21, 494👍, 0💬
How to see my IP address Host Name? To help you to see your IP Address Host Name, FYIcenter.com has ...
Where to find tutorials on Test Management? I want to know how to manage software testing documents ...
How to generate user full names? Test user names are frequently needed in testing applications that ...
How to generate test phone numbers? Test phone numbers are frequently needed in testing applications...
How to generate test credit card numbers? Test credit card numbers are frequently needed in testing ...