Using Windows Remote Desktop Connection
(Continued from previous question...)
5. Using Windows Remote Desktop Connection
To keep Windows Remote Desktop Connection sessions from timing out during a test, the Terminal Services on each machine should be configured as follows:
- Click Start, point to Programs (or Control Panel), Administrative Tools and choose Terminal Services
- Open the Connections folder in tree by clicking it once.
- Right-click RDP-Tcp and select Properties.
- Click the Sessions tab.
- Make sure "Override user settings" is checked.
- Set Idle session limit to the maximum of 2 days instead of the default 2 hours.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to confirm message "Configuration changes have been made to the system registry; however, the user session now active on the RDP-Tcp connection will not be changed."
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions