Why ETL testing is required?
ETL (extract, transform, and load) Testing Interview Questions
(Continued from previous question...)
32. Why ETL testing is required?
• To verify the correctness of data transformation against the signed off business requirements and rules.
• To verify that expected data is loaded into data mart or data warehouse without loss of any data.
• To validate the accuracy of reconciliation reports (if any e.g. in case of comparison of report of transactions made via bank ATM – ATM report vs. Bank Account Report).
• To make sure complete process meet performance and scalability requirements
• Data security is also sometimes part of ETL testing
• To evaluate the reporting efficiency
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions