What is Operational Data Store? - ETL
ETL (extract, transform, and load) Testing Interview Questions
(Continued from previous question...)
9. What is Operational Data Store? - ETL
- Operational Data Store is a repository between staging area and data warehouse
- Data in ODS is at the level of low granularity
- Aggregated data would be loaded into EDW, once the data in ODS populated.
- ODS is a semi DWH that helps the analysts to analyze business data
- Data will be persisted in ODS for less duration, generally from 30-45 days.
- ODS also generates primary keys, handles errors and rejects similar to DWH
(Continued on next question...)
Other Interview Questions