US-MA-Boston: QA Automation Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Automation Engineer
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
* Maintain and execute existing automated tests and testing engines, interpret test results and provide detailed results reporting and analysis.
* Write and document automated tests and testing engines at many layers, using software automation tools (Robot, SilkTest, QTP), scripting languages (vbScript/WSH, Shell), SQL/DB query tools and any other tools that meet our needs.
* Utilize appropriate testing processes and methodologies and participate in a full software development life cycle.
* Work with key stakeholders for defect analysis and update into ""Defect Tracking System"".
* Researching new and emerging technologies in software testing that can be used to enhance the effectiveness of our entire QA process
* Participate in the evaluation of new tools.
* Write project status including all test tasks in project.
* Participate in scoping project schedule.
* Write status regarding your progress against your assigned tasks
* Participate in inspections and reviews, requirements design, project meetings, etc.
* Assist management in new automation initiatives / challenges
* B.A. or B.S. required
* 5+ years of experience in the field of software / application testing
* 3+ years experience in the field of automated testing and automated testing methodologies
* 2+ years basic database architecture knowledge including SQL including joins (SQL Server and / or Sybase)
* Hands on experience with automated testing tools (Rational Robot, QTP, SilkTest etc)
* Testing disciplines for validating data integrity, middleware (APIs), back end servers and UI functionality.
* Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, MS Project
* Persistent / Drive to Closure
* Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
* Problem solver
* Detail oriented
* Exhibits strong leadership qualities
* Ability to adapt/flexibility
* Team oriented but able to work independently when required
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI