US-NY-New York: QA Lead
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Tester and Test Manager
• Accountable for the delivery of testing services to all components of project
• Prioritise and oversee the delivery and execution of comprehensive testing suites for all components of project, including functional, regression, and performance testing.
• Work closely with the project team to fully understand the requirements of the application
• Develop and abide by best practices in automation with regard to version control, test data, and functions.
• Educate the testing team as needed regarding testing best practices and controls, work with the team to ensure these are implemented and followed.
• Serve as the quality gatekeeper for the product teams highlighting any testing-related risks and recommending mitigation strategies.
• Contribute to various continuous improvement programs across Test Services processes and tools, from time to time taking ownership of an entire project.
• Computer Science or Engineering (BSc, BEng, etc) degree preferred
• 5+ years working in or leading a hands-on testing team
• Experience in relational databases (Sybase) and Solaris/Linux operating systems
• Experience creating test harnesses in Perl, shell, and SQL
• Understanding of XML and SOAP, RDBMS
• Self-motivated team player with ability to prioritize and to multitask
• Experience working as part of a global team
• Experience in practical application of testing methodology, including test case writing, coverage tracking and requirements interpretation
• Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to deliver as part of a dynamic non-traditional development team
• Results oriented
• Project Management experience
• Experience of enterprise data concepts and technology
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI