US-IL-Des Plaines: Associate Quality Control Tester
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
· Thorough and documented product testing preparation
· Thorough and documented product testing execution
· Defect management
Product Testing Preparation & Documentation
· Assist in writing manual test cases against software.
· Assist the Quality Control Engineer in establishing traceability from test cases to design / requirements.
Product Testing Execution & Documentation
· Assist in executing manual test cases against software.
· Assist in writing and maintaining testing documentation; including release notes, release forms, and other necessary testing reports.
· Ability to log defects in the products tested.
· Ability to assist in providing defect analysis and reporting.
· Attend weekly team meetings as required to review issues and project status.
· Daily attendance and performance of job requirements.
· Can develop with a core competency skill.
· Can establish respect and credibility with internal team members.
· Participate as a project team member on special Quality Control related projects, when requested.
• Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming, web and database applications.
• Exposure to the most recent developments and emerging technologies in SW testing tools with emphasis on the Mercury Tool Suite including Quality Center, QuickTest Professional and LoadRunner.
• Strong PC and Windows skills, including MS word, excel and Visio.
• Basic Macintosh skills.
• Efficient use of Microsoft Office products; including the ability to learn new software products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or 2 years related experience.
• 0 - 2 years in the software quality control field; CSTE or ISTQB certification desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI