US-CA-San Jose: Lead SQA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Lead SQA Engineer
- The Lead QA Engineer will be responsible for leading a high-performance feature driven QA team.
- You must have a proven track record of success leading a technical QA team with a strong sense of quality ownership and feature advocation.
- This is a hands-on job that requires strong technical, collaboration and mentoring skills to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire QA lifecycle, ensuring the success of you and your team's manual and automation efforts.
- You will work with a team of demanding, highly motivated engineers and will be expected to both challenge and be challenged. You should be self directed, team oriented, and actually know and care what the customer wants from our service.
- This position requires healthy doses of initiative and flexibility in a very dynamic environment.
- You should like to break things, be exhilarated when you discover that really complicated bug, and be detail-oriented enough that you've actually had people comment on it.
- You also have to be comfortable with initial manual testing of new features,so you have the understanding to correctly architect and implement the automation afterwards.
- You've got to have strong background in Object-Oriented programming concepts and constructs.
- You will need to identify missing test cases and refine existing scripts for modularity and automation purposes, estimate and prioritize work for optimal risk mitigation and identify suitable regression suites.
- 10+ years SQA Experience
- 5+ years leading a team of QA engineers
- 5+ years domain expertise in Service Management systems ; remedy experience is a big plus
- Experience with shell/perl scripting
- Good programming skills in Java or C#
- Experience in multi-platform testing (Windows, UNIX, LINUX,AIX) and DB Testing (SQL, Oracle, DB2, Sybase) and installing products.
- Solid knowledge XML/SOAP and testing Web Services
- Experience in Integration testing with multiple products in a Solution mix.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to lead the team's automation testing efforts.
- Demonstrate expertise in QA procedures and methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing medium to large development teams that are co-located globally and demonstrated ability to manage
remotely and mentor both onshore and offshore resources in global companies.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI