US-MD-Columbia: Software Tester
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Coordinate day-to-day tasking and activities of test efforts in all phases of the software
* Development lifecycle including test plan creation and execution.
* Execute the test plan including both automated and manual testing where applicable.
* Write and execute SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data.
* Perform detailed data analysis as required.
* Conduct regular meetings to facilitate the flow of communication among team members and to identify and escalate project risks to management.
* Participate in project planning and estimation.
* Monitor progress against project plan tasks and milestones. Assess requirements changes and risks to project; make corresponding scope and resource adjustment recommendations to management.
* Implement automated testing where applicable.
* Monitor and enforce test team record keeping – defect tracking, internal status reporting, etc.
* Mentor and train (or arrange formal training for) subordinate test team members in testing methodology, processes, and tools.
* Represent project team in meetings as appropriate; collaboratively work with development team members to drive defects/issue to resolution.
* Coordinate and facilitate meetings between test team and applicable development team members to identify and resolve defects identified by the test team.
* Participate in presentations as needed to cover project status and test plan.
* Facilitate testing status meetings with developers, and business users when appropriate, to prioritize and review status of defects; plan releases.
* Anticipate and plan for the needs of the test team with regard to testing space, testing environment (including equipment, system/access permissions, test data, etc.), and test tools.
* Coordinate end-user support during acceptance testing.
* Proactively identify to the management team risks to the project; recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
* Participate in Enterprise Testing Community meetings to represent the project team, and help develop company-wide testing practices.
* Coordinate testing across several projects including testing performed on-shore and off-shore.
* Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science including advanced course work in technical systems + continued education in technical disciplines.
* 8 years of software testing experience
* 6+ years experience with Integration, Acceptance, and System testing
* 4+ years experience with Performance/Stress, Load, Platform testing
* 3+ years experience with automated test tools
* 3+ years experience leading/managing testing efforts across entire lifecycle
* Leading team(s) and/or people; including large scale projects with multi-system dependencies
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI