US-CA-San Diego: SQA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
This position will require the candidate to be an expert in automated testing.
The candidate will be responsible for developing and updating automated scripts (typically, in VB) or developing testing utilities (typically, in C#, C++, or Java) to aid the testing of instrument, database, and data analysis software.
Opportunities exist for a mid to senior level engineer.
The candidate will develop and utilize leadership skills as an SQA engineer on multiple projects (some following FDA and ISO guidelines), working independently and in cross-functional teams following established SDLC methodologies.
One of the candidate’s key goals will be to continually look for ways to improve SW quality and the process used to achieve it.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Write, update, and execute manual and automated SW tests. Carefully analyze and document test results.
• Assist in and/or perform planning, task management, and reporting of testing on multiple SW projects
• Work on both non-regulated and FDA and ISO regulated SW projects
• Collaborate with software developers, engineers, and domain experts to identify and implement opportunities for automated testing
• Develop software tools to facilitate testing
• B.S. or higher in a science, math, or engineering related area
• Experience working in Software Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, or related field to implement and test Windows-based object-oriented GUI systems
• At least 2 years automating or developing SW and SW tests utilizing TestComplete, Rational Robot, Mercury WinRunner/QTP, VB, C#, or equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI