US-MD-Columbia: Senior Software Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software Test Engineer
* Coordinate day-to-day tasking and activities of test efforts in all phases of the software development lifecycle including test plan creation and execution for primarily back-end batch processing jobs.
* Execute the test plan including both automated and manual testing where applicable.
* Write and execute SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data.
* Perform detailed data analysis as required.
* Conduct regular meetings to facilitate the flow of communication among team members and to identify and escalate project risks to management.
* Participate in project planning and estimation.
* Monitor progress against project plan tasks and milestones. Assess requirements changes and risks to project; make corresponding scope and resource adjustment recommendations to management.
* Implement automated testing where applicable.
* Monitor and enforce test team record keeping – defect tracking, internal status reporting, etc.
* Mentor and train (or arrange formal training for) subordinate test team members in testing methodology, processes, and tools.
* Represent project team in meetings as appropriate; collaboratively work with development team members to drive defects/issue to resolution.
* Coordinate and facilitate meetings between test team and applicable development team members to identify and resolve defects identified by the test team.
* Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science including advanced course work in technical systems + continued education in technical disciplines.
* 8 years of software testing experience
* 6+ years experience with Integration, Acceptance, and System testing
* 4+ years experience with Performance/Stress, Load, Platform testing
* 3+ years experience with automated test tools
* 3+ years experience leading/managing testing efforts across entire lifecycle
* Leading team(s) and/or people; including large scale projects with multi-system dependencies
* Experience will UNIX and SQL scripting required
* Experience with Mercury Quality Center Tools and MS project preferred
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI