US-MI-Ann Arbor: Network Device Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Network Device Quality Assurance Engineer
* Research and aggressively master new product features and enhancements
* Prepare, document and execute detailed test plans and test cases
* Test the integration of hardware and software products
* Develop quality reporting metrics and effectively utilize a defect tracking system
* Author defect reports that accurately describe symptoms and root cause analysis results
* Provide input to development and product management staff regarding product capabilities and limits
* Write time-saving tools/scripts, as needed, to automate manual processes
* Experience with network device testing - Routers, Switches, Firewall, or IDS/IPS
* Experience with TCP/IP traffic generation/Packet Generation equipment (Ixia, Agilent, diversifEye, etc)
* Experience testing an integrated hardware and software solution
* Experience creating test plans and test cases
* Experience in Unix/Linux administration and/or use
* Understanding of GRE tunnels and Routing protocols
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with AAA security applications, authentication and standards (ssh, TACACS+, RADIUS)
* Formal software testing (QA) skills, methodologies and training
* Operational or engineering experience configuring routers, switches, firewalls, or IDS/IPS
* Experience with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technologies or DDoS attack methods/signatures
* Expertise in scripting languages such as Python, Perl or TCL.
* Experience with advanced network protocols (SNMP, NetFlow)
* Operational experience at a large ISP
* Extensive usage of both Unix/Linux and Windows systems, including standard MS-Office compatible applications
* 5+ years of commercial SQA or network operations experience.
* Experience testing in a startup or rapid time-to-market environment.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI