US-CA-Los Angeles: Software QA Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Test Engineer
Responsibilities would include
* Reviewing project specifications and working with other organizations (both within and outside of Engineering) to understand the systems requirements of the project, including the system software architecture, design, internal and external interfaces, use cases, etc.
* Generating test plans to validate the requirements and functionality per the project specifications.
* Developing test scenarios and generating detailed test procedures to properly and rigorously test the system requirements and functionality.
* Executing tests and validating test results as detailed in the test procedures.
* Identifying, analyzing, and documenting any defects discovered during testing.
* Working with the development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Generating test reports to document all test results.
* Duties may also include defining and developing software test tools and simulators as necessary.
A BS degree in computer science or related engineering field is required, with 5 to 10 years practical experience in software development and/or software test/quality assurance engineering.
Background should include a working knowledge of UNIX and/or LINUX operating systems.
Some experience with Java, C/C++, Java, SQL, JSP, DHTML and XML is preferred. Experience developing and executing automated test scripts using Mercury Quick Test Professional (QTP), as well as Web services test experience using SoapUI and other similar test tools, is also desired.
Configuration management and revision control using CVS a plus.
Must be capable of working successfully in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
Also must be able to work on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI