US-CA-Oakland: Lead QA Whitebox Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Lead QA Whitebox Engineer
7+ years of work experience with 5+ years in white box testing preferably in the area of enterprise applications and distributed systems environments.
Application development experience in JAVA, XML, JUnit and a proven track record of developing test cases in a rapid development environment.
Knowledge of relational database design concepts and physical table structures and ability to write SQL statements is a MUST.
White box testing" experience with the ability to write code and develop proprietary testing software tools.
Hands-on experience in building test automation for complex enterprise applications using the latest J2EE technologies including the JUnit testing framework, Ant and continuous integration with Maven.
Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation.
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Familiar with all aspects of QA including functional, compatibility, load balancing and performance testing.
Experience in implementing complex functional tests that require an understanding of the application logic.
Experience with the shipped products going through multiple release cycles, including pre-release, alpha, beta, and maintenance mode testing.
Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and transition between projects with little supervision.
* Able to work flexible hours, especially during product launches and production environment issues.
* Continually consider and implement ways to improve the way work is done. Be open to suggestions from all areas on way to improve.
* Highly self-confident, personal awareness of strengths and weaknesses and an unquestionable drive and desire for personal and professional growth.
* Demonstrated ability to draw on the strengths of others, ask questions, share expertise, challenge the status quo, seek continuous improvement and be heard.
* Experience using unit testing frameworks (NUnit, Ruby Test Unit, etc.).
* Experience with website development tools including HTML, XML, Java Script.
* Programming experience in scripting languages such as PERL, shell, PHP etc.
* Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex software / hardware configuration problems.
* Ability to accurately identify high priority software use cases and edge cases.
* 7+ yrs experience.
* Bachelors or equivalent (MS a plus).
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI