US-UT-Sandy: Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
• Lead efforts of QA team to ensure quality releases of updated and/or new systems.
• Employ standards used by company QA teams to create standardized manual and automated test efforts
• Develop Test Plans and Test Cases from business Use Cases ensuring compliance with business specifications.
• Effectively create and manage test assignments utilizing QA coordination skills.
• Assure complete test execution of and defect resolution for all product development releases.
• Create automated test cases.
• Develop robust test cases using application and functional expertise.
• Assist in quality assurance efforts for production deployment of client server and internet software applications as required.
• Participate in production system roll-out planning
• Required Experience/Knowledge: 5-8 years of experience in software quality assurance
• BS Degree or equivalent work experience in a computer technology related field.
• Min 5 years experience with Test Management and Test Automation tools (HP QC / QTP preferred)
• Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to respond to and prioritize multiple requests in an interrupt-driven environment
• Proven analytical and writing skills, including solid experience in writing Test Plans and Test Cases
• SQL Server database experience preferred; understands basic table structure and querying
• Experience using SQL Query Analyzer
• Ability to negotiate solutions and influence decision making
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication
• Strong analytical, data manipulation and interpretation skills in order to lead team to meet business requirements
• Proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. Requires working under general direction and also mentoring and advising less experienced Quality Assurance engineers while monitoring QA project statuses.
• Ability to create effective Test Plans from business requirements
• Solid experience with tools: MS Outlook; Word, Excel; Access, MS Project, Visio
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI