US-CA-Los Angeles: Software Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Quality Engineer
* Creates, plans, and executes automated functional tests on embedded, desktop/mobile, and web based SaaS applications and platforms.
* Creates, plans, and executes high level UI as well as low level API driven automated load and stress tests
* Troubleshoots, analyzes, reports, and recommends changes to enhance overall quality
* Works collaboratively with the engineering team(s) to affect the design and development of software to ensure quality on a daily basis.
* Creatively designs and executes highly complex testing scenarios at both the design as well as implementation phases of software development in an iterative, agile environment.
* Influences and monitors the effectiveness of software unit test frameworks as they are being considered, designed, and implemented within the software development team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to deliver concise and clear fact based test results
* Energized by teamwork and collaboration and is passionate about working hand in hand with engineers and designers to produce quality products.
* Proven success in performing, documenting, and communicating risk based on formal risk analysis methodologies.
* Expert understanding of various Operating Systems capabilities in both desktop and server environments (Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux, RTOS, etc.)
* Familiarity with programming languages (java, c, c++, c#, objective c)
* Expert in scripting languages in support of test automation packages such as Selenium required.
* Good working knowledge of software's interaction with hardware platforms, internet connected applications/protocols, as well as other devices/platforms.
* Self motivated and passionate about the technology enough to keep abreast of emerging technologies
* Experience with or working understanding of Agile/SCRUM development methodology
* Test Driven Development (TDD) principles as applied to a Continuous Integration (CI) environment
* Expert in quality engineering and quality assurance principles, processes, tools, and best practices (environmental impact, timing analysis, black/white box, ramp-up/ramp-down/steady state, regression, functional, load vs. stress, back door, etc.).
* Passionate about quality engineering and keeps up to date with the industry in emerging quality engineering processes and best practices.
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred but not required
* Minimum 5 years in Software Quality Assurance with emphasis on Quality Engineering and Test Automation
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI