US-IL-BuffaloGrove: Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
· Design, develop, document, execute and maintain test cases for ous Products
· Identify testable statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and design and implement manual and automated test cases/suites
· Work with relational databases (such as SQL Server) using SQL
· Apply strong analytical, problem solving, judgment and skill to balance delivery content, quality and timing.
· Ability to find, record and track software defects as well as reproduce issues logged through Technical Support.
· Provide Team Leader with regular status reports on test and measurement progress, troubleshooting analysis, documentation and test related metrics
· Interface with managers and directors throughout the organization to build awareness of the quality assurance process.
· Implement and maintain automated stress, performance and scalability test tools
· Stay current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and grow skills
Minimum Qualifications - Required:
· 3+ years experience in a quality assurance role with a mix of both manual and automated test experience including performance, load and stress testing related to client server and Web based applications.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills along with strong and technical skills to develop and report metrics of all testing activities.
· Strong project planning skills: Ability to project plan, develop and execute both manual and automated test scripts
· Some experience of the full software development life-cycle delivery of complex projects, testing methodology, and/or the Quality Assurance process
· Working knowledge of various networking, computer hardware, operating system and application configuration of windows and Linux systems.
· Some combination of significant experience with virtualization deployments, client server and web based technologies. Experience with Performance and Load Generation tools: Ex. HP Load Runner, Borland(Silk Performer and Silk Test). (Any associated Certifications in related testing tools)
· Experience with a bug tracking and or test case management tools
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Microsoft Certified Professionals / Microsoft Certified Solution Developer preferred or attaining Microsoft certifications (MCAD or MCSD track)
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of business process flow along with strong analytical, problem solving and judgment skill
Education and/or Related Experience – Required:
Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or other technical or related field required, or equivalent knowledge and experience
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI