US-OR-Hillsboro : Automation Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Maintain existing process automation. Drive and execute improvements in the areas of safety, Quality, and speed.
* Working closely with Maintenance and Production personnel to support efforts which will improve the performance of manufacturing systems, e.g. yield, speed, personnel requirements, and maintenance needs.
* Troubleshoot to determine robot malfunctions, using knowledge of programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics.
* Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
* Perform and drive safe behaviors in all tasks and areas. Initiate and drive safety improvements in the methods, machines, processes and areas.
* Establish work instructions and procedures for minor and major equipment maintenance tasks.
* Initiate investigations and corrective actions to problems with rigorous problem solving (Cause and Effect, Root Cause Analysis) methodology.
* Program robot for series of manipulator (arm-hand) moves (movements) manually or by electronic instructions to a microprocessor or by setting up and adjusting sequence by hand-held teach pendant.
* Support production technicians in resolving and addressing process or equipment problems as needed.
* Create, Sustain and Improve assembly automation functionality according to expansion plans.
* Work cooperatively, cross-functionally and independently to achieve project goals.
* Keep up-to -date with automation technology developments, new trends, applications, equipment and suppliers. Apply knowledge to promote continuous improvement of Operations function.
* Review equipment effectiveness (OEE) data to define and execute continuous improvement activities to improve overall equipment capability.
* Establish equipment benchmarks/comparisons.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI