Canada-QC-Montreal: QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Bachelor in Computer Science (or related field)
* At least 3 years of professional software R&D experience (preferably in the area of QA).
* Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong technical background and be able to learn complex products and testing methodologies quickly as well as be able to troubleshoot issues with relative ease.
* Works well under pressure.
* Good understanding of standard QA practices such as bug reporting and verification, smoke tests, regression tests, feature tests and load and performance testing.
* Strong Windows and Linux Knowledge.
* Solid understanding of networking concepts (V-LANs, Clustering, client/server technology, TCP-IP, UDP, as well as specific protocols http and sip).
* Comfortable with web technology and have practical experience with at least one of the following web servers: Tomcat, WebSphere or WebLogic.
* Knowledge of DBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL.
* Experience with testing APIs.
* As much of the test infra-structure is automated, some programming is required.
* Good understanding of Object Oriented principles, with some practical experience in Java or C++.
* Good knowledge of data structures and their uses.
* Good knowledge of Perl
* Working knowledge of at least 1 xml based language – VXML is preferred
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI