US-Seattle-Washington: Software Design Engineer in Test
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software Design Engineer in Test
* You are passionate about software development AND delivering quality products.
* You can code, you like coding and you want a job that gives you the opportunity to be a coder!
* You feel just as comfortable at the design table as when writing and testing automation using the perfect test harness you (of course) wrote.
* You are a strategic thinker that considers product roadmaps three or six months down the road in order to build extensible test automation that serves both immediate and future needs.
* Analyze and review technical product requirements.
* Design, implement and maintain test automation harnesses.
* Plan test automation strategy, both overall QA strategy and for assigned projects
* Plan, create, and execute test cases and automated testing scripts.
* Write maintainable and efficient code/scripts using engineering best practices.
* Report and log test results.
* Analyze test results and identify, document, and report software problems (bugs).
* Track problems through to resolution.
* Participate in design reviews and bug triage meetings.
* Give accurate test estimates and create schedules for projects.
* Raise blocking issues that arise regarding testing, test automation issues and the quality of the product and drive to resolution of the problem.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
* 4+ years of SDE/T experience or SDE with exposure to formal QA practices.
* Experience with object-oriented programming language(s)--the more Perl, Java, and Rails development experience the better.
* Experience implementing functional, regression, and stress testing strategies for distributed web-based applications.
* Experience with relational database systems and SQL query language (MySQL and Oracle database experience a plus).
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI