US-IL-Deerfield: Software QA Manager
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Manager
* Establish and maintain policies for documentation of all test plans, test cases and QA strategies and processes.
* Work with development team to develop test plans, test cases and QA strategies.
* Complete assigned test cases and test plans in a timely fashion.
* Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
* Responsible for high quality of assigned projects from software Quality Testing through final User Acceptance Testing.
* Workwith QA team members, software developers and system and databaseadministrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the varioustest/customer environments. This may include trouble-shooting databaseissues, reviewing server logs, etc.
* A Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering discipline, or equivalent
* Demonstrate experience in handling teams and being in lead positions.
* Experience using QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
* Experience testing web applications
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, Systems and Project managers towards a common goal
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
* Ability to motivate team members.
* Experience with Unix/ shell scripting a big plus
* Knowledge of Relational Database and SQL queries
* Experience with Java application development
* Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
* Experience with scripting languages and tools such as PERL
* Experience with Unit Testing Automation frameworks, such as Junit, HTTPUnit, etc
* Experience with XML
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI