US-MA-Marlborough: Senior Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software QA Engineer
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
· Determines and documents test approaches in optimizer related areas.
· Works individually and/or leads teams to review new features, develop and maintain test code.
· Runs tests and assists other in understanding and interpreting the results. Provides assistance to the sustaining, customer support, and system engineering organization.
· Responsible for test tool maintence and bug regression testing for optimizer related projects.
· Serves on engineering teams, participating in SDLC stages of the product development
· Participates in QA team process improvements
· Keeps abreast of industry activities.
* Excellent algorithmic and problem solving skills
* Experience in performance-related analysis and tuning of database system
* Strong SQL
* Able to read and review C/C++ code
* UNIX experience (Linux preferred). Shell scripting. Perl and/or Python is a plus.
* SDLC understanding
* Prior experience with Postgres is a plus. Knowledge or experience with optimization techniques involving indices, referential integrity, and views is a plus. Familiar with optimizer is a plus.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI