US-CA-Emeryville: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
Strong understanding of ecommerce, web-based applications, API*s and data movement.
* Passion for Software Quality Assurance, customers, problem detection, and analysis.
* Three+ years Software QA experience including testing multi-tier web applications and relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL preferred).
* Proficient in developing specific plans for black box, regression, functional, fault injection, and stress testing.
* Experience in using defect tracking system (Bugzilla preferred) to report, track and resolve defects.
* Ability to understand complex database queries and procedures.
* Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels.
* A working knowledge of email, MS word and Excel.
* Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including, but not limited to Agile software development methodology and QA*s role(s) in it.
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and work well as both an individual contributor and as a member of a team. Proficiency in English a must.
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to foster team work and build productive working relationships.
* Self-directed, reliable, with exceptional follow-through. Accomplishes tasks with excellence. Meets commitments and responsibilities.
* Knowledge of release management and deployment workflow processes, from development release through staging and production deployment.
* Must have a positive, can-do attitude, enjoy learning and growing, and must be willing to ask questions.
* Highly ethical, with a strong sense of integrity, and respect for others.
* Effective at time management. Effectively prioritizes in a highly dynamic environment.
* BS in CS or other technical field.
* A working knowledge of programming languages. (Preferably Java and SQL)
* Gray box test experience is highly desirable.
* A strong desire to make good software that delights customers and grows the business.
* Experience with Requirements based testing.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI