US-CA-Burbank: Lead Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Lead Software QA Engineer
For each of the products being validated, it is expected that this person will:
* Guide the team in the development of test cases and test suites.
* Guide the team in test execution - manual, automated, unit, regression.
* Guide the team in the opening and tracking of bugs.
* Interface with the development team, when needed, to address questions on bugs.
* Interface with third party vendors, when necessary.
* Generate periodic status reports.
* Develop and track QA scheduling estimates.
* Assist with task assignments (in consultation with his/her management).
* Assist in talent recruitment.
* Validate and prepare software builds for external delivery, including the preparation of release notes (with assistance from the development team).
* Oversee and support the systems necessary for the team to meet their objectives. Note that it is expected this support will be of benefit to the development team(s) as well.
* Must have at least 5 years professional software QA experience, including experience in all phases of the software development and software QA lifecycles.
* Must have at least 2 years experience as a senior software QA engineer.
* Must have experience with software QA test tools, including automated test systems.
* Must possess a strong technical background and be able to come up to speed quickly on new technologies.
* Must be a self-starter and capable leader, able to identify and suggest to management process improvements and to maintain strong forward momentum on current initiatives.
* Must be flexible, able to identify needs and to quickly apply mid-course corrections, where necessary.
* Must possess strong problem solving abilities, good organizational skills, and work well in both team environments and independently.
* Must be comfortable working with developing technologies.
* Experience with embedded applications is a plus.
* Interactive television experience is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* BS in a science discipline or equivalent experience is required; MS in a science discipline is a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI