US-CA-unnyvale: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to lead and participate as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test automation development using Perls
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product improvements.
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
- 4-5 years of QA testware development and execution in the area of testing hardware/software configurations, environmental compliances, boot configurations, memory error injection tests, bus interface tests such as PCI-Express, power cycle tests.
- Ability to offer technical leadership to the team on test strategy and testing techniques in the areas listed above.
- Good computer hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience with testing frameworks and testing tools.
- Experience with developing test tools to carry out testing more efficiently.
- Computer hardware and architecture knowledge, including processor, memory, motherboard and I/O subsystem
- Experience with X86 Assembly, MIPS Assembly, Alpha Assembly is desirable
- Experience with BASH, C-shell, K-shell is desirable
- Experience in using test points
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership and follow-up skills
- Ability to own and drive a task to its completion
- Excellent team player. Ability to interact with cross-functional teams
- Must have strong test automation experience using Perls.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Experience in software testing, documentation and process improvement.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
- Uses judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results.
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual, or work for a small team.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI