US-NY-NewYork: Technical QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Technical QA Engineer (Entry Level)
* Understanding product functionality, data content, and system architecture of the product being tested.
* Understanding the customer and how the product will be used by that customer.
* Designing and writing test procedures for a wide variety of tests including functional, automated, performance, regression, and operational resiliency. May be asked to do some data quality testing.
* Executing test procedures within an established testing window.
* Tracking and managing defects.
* Reporting on testing status and results.
* Understanding new technology and testing methods and being able to integrate those to benefit the team and our projects.
* 1-2 years Programming or Scripting experience (Particularly in Java, C#, C++, and / or VBScript. )
* BS/BA or equivalent work experience..
* Good written & oral communication skills are mandatory.
* Experience working in a team environment.
* Desire to share information and train others is essential.
* Honest, open, passionate, positive "can-do" attitude, self-sufficient.
* Ability to rapidly absorb new concepts - either technological, or industry related.
* Ability to establish external/internal resources to aid the team in reaching its goals.
* Experience with Web Services particularly using SOAP or REST.
* Advanced user of Automated Testing Tools (e.g. QTP, SilkPerformer, SilkTest). Formal training in an automated testing tool is a plus.
* Familiarity with databases particularly Sybase. Ability to understand schemas and write basic queries using SQL.
* Experience working in the financial information industry.
* Experience in software quality assurance.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI