US-CA-LosAngeles: Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
* Responsible for performing quality assurance for new features added to the pre-processing, solver and post-processing modules of our products.
* Test the software installation and licensing on multiple platforms, as well as multiple foreign languages using ghosting technology.
* Design, test, and execute software automation programs to check the quality of new versions of design analysis software versus reference values.
* Set up test procedures for all Graphical User Interface (GUI)-related features of various design analysis products.
* Coordinate with software developers and product engineers to ensure synchronization with respect to software development specifications and schedules.
* Report defects and enhancements in the design analysis software to software developers.
* Work with the software developers to resolve software defects and implement software enhancements.
* Review defects and enhancements requests from customers to determine their validity and severity, and report them to software developers and verify their resolution.
* Three years of experience as a Test/Quality Assurance Engineer or as an Engineer working in this field.
* Demonstrated experience with Finite Element software, Motion Simulation software, and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics software.
* Coursework in random vibration, computational fluid dynamics, geometric modeling & meshing is desirable.
* Knowledge of at least one commercially available CAD/CAE package as well as a scripting language (VB, C# or Python) is desired.
EDUCATION: Bachelorís degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering or Aerospace Engineering, or a closely related field. A masterís degree a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI