US-WA-Redmond: QA Technician
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
* Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, and formulas to determine quality and reliability standards.
* Selects parts, components and products for inspection and testing.
* Inspects and tests components, parts, and assembled products for workmanship, compliance with specifications and regulatory standards. Employs techniques such as electronic and conventional measurement, observation, functional tests, and destructive tests.
* Evaluates data and writes modifications of existing quality or production standards to maximize quality within limits of machine capability and cost.
* Confers with Design Engineers and Manufacturing to identify, diagnose, and resolve non-conforming quality problems including those associated with parts, components, or the manufacturing process.
* Contacts parts suppliers (internal and external) to resolve quality matters.
* Corrects sub-standard work or replaces parts using hand and power tools. Refers major problems to others.
* Records results of individual observations at all stages of production using printed graphic and written forms, electronic data gathering equipment, and computerized data entry. May prepare charts and graphs of data for analysis.
* May specialize in incoming materials, design, process control, research and development, product overall reliability, warranty, or other phase of production where quality reviews are involved.
* Works with customers and suppliers to resolve warranty issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two years of college-level coursework in manufacturing or engineering technology, and two years of experience in automotive or equivalent assembly and production line setup preferred. Additional experience in quality assurance or process control can substitute for higher education.
Knowledge and Skills
Requires sufficient math skills to read and record detailed measurements. Requires well-developed problem-solving skills to identify and remedy problems non-conforming quality related to materials, parts, or production. Requires working knowledge of inspecting and testing procedures. Requires sufficient human relations skills to discuss quality issues and resolve conflict. In general, the position may require an in-depth knowledge of Genie products and components including electronics, electrical circuits, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, power transmission, and structural members.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI