US-CA-SanMateo:Principal QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
QA Lead/Principal QA Engineer
* Participate in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and service ability of new features and releases of software.
* Develop overall test strategy including use of testing tools and the management of its entire execution. This includes defining test strategies, developing test plans, overseeing creation of test cases, test execution, and results reporting.
* Allocate workload across a small team of onshore and much larger team of offshore professional services functional testers.
* Provide tight testing coordination between interim key business initiatives and the overall Data Architecture test strategy with the project team.
* Perform test coverage and gap analysis of test plans and schedules and use this information to prioritize testing.
* Able to be highly productive in an agile project delivery environment.
* Review requirements/design documentation and implement comprehensive test plans covering this material.
* Lead defect review meetings with management, developers and QA team members.
* Detect scope changes and escalate issues as appropriate.
* Proactively communicate with developers and cross-functional teams to resolve issues or questions pertaining to test creation or execution.
* Log defects when required and implementation of traceability between test cases and requirements documentation.
* Work closely with QA Automation Engineers to identify test cases conducive to automation.
* Troubleshoot and analyze application issues to root cause where possible, and mentor team members to do the same.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 9 years demonstrated work experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
* 7+ years experience with the full spectrum of functional Quality Assurance testing and systems development lifecycles (Waterfall and/or Agile).
* Prior experience leading the testing of a database migration project strongly desired.
* 3+ years of related tech lead/resource management experience, including working with and managing an off-shore testing team.
* Exceptional abilities with testing management, designing/implementing test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
* Familiarity with commercial and open source test automation and test case management technologies such as Quality Center, QTP, Silk Test, Cactus.
* Demonstrated significant expertise with SQL
* Demonstrated high level understanding of relational data models.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal, relationship building/relationship management and facilitation skills.
* Strong attention-to-detail, creative problem-solving skills, analytical skills, organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with developers, cross-functional teams, and system administrators.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fluid organization where priorities shift to respond to changing business needs.
* Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible. Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI