US-MD-Fulton: Quality Assurance Manager
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Manager
# Provides continuous quality oversight to all phases of software development and hardware production including supplier quality and product performance.
# Ensures compliance with and enforcement of corporate policies, practices and procedures
# Drives continuous process improvements within the organization through the identification of discrepancies/gaps in current processes and deliverables and inefficiencies within the software development and hardware production lifecycles and the standardization of processes among the different application areas.
# Establishes and ensures compliance with software quality process and methodology standards, including those for design, data quality, code, version control, defect/change request tracking, documentation, work product review, unit testing and environment management
# Conducts, coordinates and documents investigations, corrective and preventative actions; Root Cause Analysis; tracking; trending; and maintenance of historical files.
# Plans, directs and performs internal and external process and product audits and inspections to ensure compliance with company practices and procedures and governmental regulations, including safety rules and regulations.
# Prepares periodic reports for executive management that identify and report quality issues or trends across the organization through metrics and statistical techniques for all process and product areas based on data from a variety of sources.
# Prepares all quality assurance and control manuals, plans, and procedures.
# Reviews and approves production and process control procedures that may be drafted, reviewed and approved by other organizational units.
# Oversees configuration control program as related to processes, equipment, systems.
# Oversees, manages, coordinates and prioritizes the daily activities of the Quality Assurance Department and assigned staff, including delegating assignments and reviewing assigned work; interviewing, hiring, and training of departmental employees; conducting performance evaluations for direct reports; and providing support, direction and coaching to subordinate employees in the areas of disciplinary action, problem resolution, planning, and work assignment delegation.
# Prepares, presents and administers department budgets.
# Regularly interacts with representatives from a variety of functional groups, including program management, engineering, and sourcing to ensure all quality processes are effectively implemented and to build awareness of Quality Assurance value.
# Manages multiple projects, duties and assignments. Ensures project deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
# Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate and directed by management
# Ability to evaluate the impact of software/hardware quality management principles on business objectives and comprehensive knowledge of the development and implementation of software quality programs, which include tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution, process improvement, training, and supplier management.
* 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience in the field of quality assurance/quality control. A minimum of three years of this experience must be in a decision making position where 'decision-making' is defined as the authority to define, execute, or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome.
* Successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience leading and managing a small team of diverse individuals, including but not limited to; hiring, performance issues, performance reviews and mentoring responsibilities.
* A solid understanding of software quality development and implementation, software inspection, testing, verification and validation.
* Experience in implementing software development and maintenance processes and methods.
* Experience in hardware development and production quality control procedures
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI