US-MA-Marlborough: QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
• Developing test plans and strategies
• Translating stories, business and technical requirements into test cases
• Develop and maintain custom test frameworks, code level unit tests and all
other automated test scripts.
• Creation and maintenance of schedules and tracking tasks to schedule
• Actively participate in software design reviews, providing feedback on all
aspects of software development documentation, from product requirements to
technical and functional specifications.
• Mentor other team members in unit testing, automated testing, and other J2EE
• Providing project risk assessments
• Understanding all integration points and testing impacts
• Running automated tests and performing manual functional testing
• Defining and developing performance test plans; execute performance, load, and
stress tests on large scale client applications; identify performance
bottlenecks and recommend ongoing performance optimizations
• Reporting and validating defects and code coverage in software
• Identifying and driving all open issues to closure
B.S. or M.S. degree, preferably in an Engineering, Science or Technology field.
Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education level.
• 8+ years of hands-on software quality assurance and 2+ years of software
development experience in a software product environment. Experience testing in
a java/J2EE environment preferred. Experience in the HR business domain is a
• Experience working in an Agile based methodology is a plus
• Proficient in Java 2 tools and APIs, J2EE, EJBs, Servlets, JSP, Junit, JNDI,
• Proficient in OOA/D: ability to program in one high level language and
proficiency in 2 scripting languages
• Understanding of DBMS: SQL and one or more of Oracle, SQLServer, DB2
• Knowledge of Application Servers: Weblogic, JBoss
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of web browser, HTTP, SSL and ISAPI
• Knowledge of Web Servers: IIS 6.0, Apache 2
• Proficient in Windows and Unix
• Hands-on experience with source code and defect tracking tools such as
ClearQuest and ClearCase, and automated testing and code coverage tools such as
Test Manager, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Clover, Anteater, etc.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI