US-NY-Louisville: Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
* Lead the quality assurance workload and results in the execution and validation of the test plan and test scripts.
* Under your supervision Software Quality Assurance (QA) function will:
o Design, document and implement the SQA methods.
o Establish/maintain policies and procedures to define and perform software and SQL validation, test strategies and plans.
o Develop and document the detailed test plans and scripts for new products/services, enhanced products/services to be executed by the business analyst team.
o Lead and perform test execution.
o Provide training/education on best practices, process improvement and change management.
o Provide process expertise and guidance for defining and driving change management improvement across SQA.
o Develop and maintain testing schedules, track, monitor and report on SQA results and trending metrics.
* Assume ownership of and lead multiple projects concurrently.
* Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the major applications, products and services offered by the Business Unit.
* Contribute actively on cross functional teams to ensure implementation of quality products and services for the Business Unit and other groups as required.
* 5-7 years of experience in SQA processes, software/product testing, and process improvements required
* Strong knowledge of QA principles and their practical application to meet goals and make decisions with minimal supervision
* Experience with identifying, communicating, and escalating risks, assumptions and other impacting issues
* Strong knowledge and use of HP Quality Center
* Ability to influence, persuade and/or collaborate with business unit team-mates to successfully complete assignments and meet quality assurance goals
* Hands on experience in creating, implementing and maintaining testing environments involving Mainframe, Teradata Data Warehousing including data loads/purging, table creates/deletions/updates
* Experience testing Mainframe, Client/Server and Web software; and data and analytical output.
* Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related field preferred.
* Knowledge of airline and ticketing processes and data preferred.
* Good written and oral communications skills required. Must be able to communicate complex, sometimes technical, concepts to others who may or may not have technical backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI