US-VA-Herndon: Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior System Integration & Test Engineer
• The candidate will be responsible for test case design, managing cross-functional test plan reviews, test case execution, and analysis of results.
• Document and track product defects encountered during the execution of test cases and determine root cause where applicable. Work with vendors to resolve issues identified.
• Prepare test reports describing test cases executed, measured results, and comparison against established test criteria
• Implement cost effective lab setups and test environments.
• Scripting using Shell, PHP, Pearl, etc for data analysis, test cases automation,
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and identify root cause failure analysis for relevant systems in the production environment as related to new platform introductions.
• Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments and requirements.
• Knowledge of scripting using multiple programming languages, ie: Shell, PHP, Unix/Linux and XML is desired.
• Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux system
• High level knowledge of computing technology
• Min 5+ years industry experience including recent practical experience in a lab environment for the integration and test of network elements.
• Understanding of Ethernet, Load balancers, wireless networks, RADIUS, DIAMETER, Simple IP, Mobile IP, VLANs, router and switch platforms, SNMP, and scripting languages such as Perl.
• Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux and XML is desired.
• Previous work experience with network protocol monitors, troubleshooting at the packet level using various tools.
• Database experience with Oracle is a plus.
• Previous experience with WiMAX preferred.
• Ability to support changes to the production network in the maintenance window as required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI