US-CA: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
* Lead design and implementation of QA processes
* Work with teams to develop test requirements
* Create automated test suites
* Asses testing resource needs. Provide or collect estimates of testing efforts.
* Work with engineering management to help prioritize technical issues.
* Create and execute test plans
* Write clear bugs and be able to explain issues in review meetings and with engineering. Coordinate with engineering to schedule bug reviews at least weekly, and during late beta/RC, once per day.
* Provide and collect updates on test progress, and send to engineering, QA, and project management. Include any areas of concern, including testing areas blocked.
* Accurately execute test cases with a very high attention to detail
* Learn to be a “power user” of all of our testing tools including bug tracking databases, test case authoring tools as well as internally developed testing tools
* Resolve any uncertainty with original test case intention if you are unsure about the expected behavior and/or test environment
* Creatively use the test cases to launch your own ad-hoc testing and document your steps
* Understand the functionality being tested and logically test similar areas around the specified behavior
* Provide complete and accurate test reports of all passing, failing, blocking and not applicable test results, including detailed comments and suggestions for improvement of the test cases
* Author detailed and complete defect reports and responsibly verify the fixes being careful to test all additional related functionality
* Setup and maintain controlled testing environments
* Be proactive in learning to use all Sonic / Roxio products, not just the ones developed and tested locally
* Be proactive in learning about industry related technologies and end-user scenarios.
* Complete test matrices and assigned defects in a timely manner.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI