US-TX-Houston: Quality Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Responsible for participating and supporting a range of quality engineering and reliability testing activities related to ongoing product improvement and new product development. Requires knowledge and demonstrated experience creating and maintaining test environments and performing detailed functionality and regression tests. Activities include execution of test plans; analysis of results, documenting and communicating test results to product teams, and tracking problems through to resolution.
* 2+ years previous working experience in quality assurance
* Experience with the UNIX operating systems and exposure to shell scripting languages (sh, csh, bash, ksh, perl, etc…)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent people and process skills
* Extremely committed, self-motivated team player
* Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Experience with relational database systems and SQL query language
* Bachelor of Science in Computer science for related technical degree
* Thorough understanding of product lifecycle and QA methodology
* Experience using WinRunner and TestDirector (by Mercury Interactive) to implement test automation for repetitive, functional and regression test cases.
* Experience using ORACLE databases and writing SQLPlus, and writing SQL constructs to extract data from tables
* Experience with UNIX command language with exposure to scripting languages (Bourne, bash, Korn, etc.)
* Consulting and client-facing experience is a definite plus
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI