US-CA-Sunnyvale: Software QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Software QA Engineer
* Review marketing and engineering technical specifications and attend review meetings.
* Contribute to the design of testing strategies for switch centric features
* Research underlying technology of features
* Meet with developers to discuss technical aspects of features.
* Design and author test cases for assigned feature areas of a release.
* Executing test cases.
* Work with developers on reproducing and researching defects
* Track and manage defects on a day to day basis.
* Setup and maintain lab test environments.
* Produce work on time and track to the QA release schedules.
* Contribute to automation design for assigned areas.
* Automation scripting of test cases.
* Mentor junior level engineers.
* Contribute to the design and maintenance of out test case management system.
* A minimum of 4 years of experience as a member of a QA team
* 3+ years QA engineering experience working in the Telco industry
* Candidate must have experience with Windows OS architecture – such as registries, TAPI, .Net Framework and security issues.
* Understanding of basic Object Oriented programming for scripting test cases for automation.
* Scripting experience using languages such as Perl, TCL, or similar.
* Ability to setup, configure, and maintain several network devices such as servers, routers, and switches.
* Candidate must have experience with MS SQL is highly desired
* Prior experience with the following OS: Windows-2003/2008/XP/Vista/Windows 7, Linux.
* Prior experience with Quality Center’s Test Director, Siebel Applications, TestComplete, WinRunner, and Silk Tool is a Plus.
* Solid networking knowledge.
* Prior experience testing VoIP solutions.
* Good understanding of QA methodology and software development life cycle
* Ability to translate Business requirements and technical design into comprehensive test plans and test cases assuring maximum requirements’ coverage
* Ability to multi-task and support multiple QA projects.
* Ensure that established QA testing processes are being followed.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI