US-CA-SanMateo: Senior QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Senior QA Engineer
Work closely with engineering teams to analyze and resolve product defects.
* Strategize, design and develop test cases and documentation for your assigned area of work.
* Communicate test coverage, “red flags” and anomalies to the QA Manager to aid in making the decision to certify releases.
* Take ownership of certain product module QA efforts.
* Write, review and execute black, gray & white box automation test cases.
* Minimum 5 years experience as a full-time QA engineer within a large, structured software/internet QA group
* Excellent team player with strong communication skills
* Quick learner and creative problem solver, ability to work independently and on a team
* Ability to maintain a consistent test methodology and resolve questions and ambiguities
* Detail oriented, strong people skills and resourceful in issue resolution
* Understanding of software product life-cycle and Agile development process
* Strong background in backend/database testing
* Experience with API testing and web services
* Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance methodologies
* Experience in writing SQL queries to verify database tables
* Working knowledge of Oracle database, Linux, Windows
* XML verification experience is required
* Automation experience is a must
* Strong object-oriented programming and design skills (Java)
* Knowledge of scripting language such as Shell script, Perl and Java script
* Develop, execute, and maintain automated test script
* Develop, execute and maintain automated regression tests utilizing both automated and manual test cases
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI