US-MD-Belcamp: Sr. Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Sr. Test Engineer
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
2 – 4 years research and/or development experience
- Strong scripting and test automation skills and experience with functional test tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Network Management Systems, Hardware Security Modules, encryption technologies, SNMP, IPsec, SSL, PKI, TCP/IP Layer2 and Layer3 devices, and basic networking fundamentals. Test Certifications are a plus.
- Excellent understanding of test methodologies including statistical coverage models.
- Ability to lead Engineering Test effort including liaising with other groups such as Development and Quality Assurance.
- Planning and Organizational skills are required as the position requires ownership of the Engineering Test portion of the Project Plan
- Builds engineering test cases based on release content and Marketing Requirements. Test cases defined should functionally verify release content as well as cover previously existing functionality in a system environment.
- Executes engineering test cases or baseline/integration test cases and insure that results are recorded.
- Identifies and documents defects consistently and clearly using Defect Tracking Tools such that defects can be reproduced by the development team.
- Works with development as required to help reproduce issues and to insure defects are understood and valid.
- During QA cycles, performs sanity tests of engineering builds to minimize risk of unexpected quality drop.
- Evaluates software designs for compliance with requirements.
- Estimates duration of engineering acceptance testing based on test plan.
- Supports QA during QA testing.
- Provides documentation as appropriate including inputs for end-user documentation.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI