US-Oregon-LakeOswego: Quality Assurance Engineering Lead
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
Quality Assurance Engineering Lead
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
This role requires an individual with good leadership skills, strong customer focus, comfort with collaboration across geographically-remote teams, and ability to drive and measure quality in a predictable manner. The successful candidate will have a passion and commitment for overseeing projects with a high caliber engineering team consisting of customers, software developers, product designers, technical authors, and quality assurance engineers in the validation of complex software and workflows.
· Assist managers in the evaluation, scope, cost, and staffing of projects. Serve as the liaison to QA management for project status, overall quality status, and risks.
· Investigate and communicate anything that may impede progress on projects.
· Oversee sub-team member activities and ensure proper team engagement and project success
· Act as a customer champion throughout the development lifecycle to ensure that customer satisfaction is the highest priority quality measure for all products.
· Demonstrate a strong capability to lead through influence vs. ownership.
· Develop, implement, track, and report on team and quality metrics.
· Develop comprehensive test strategies with a customer workflow focus.
· Establish and drive process to stay up to date on customer workflows.
· Proactively lead by example and serve as a means from which teammates can learn as well as advance their ideas and proposals.
· Actively engage in technical issues from customers and drive them to resolution.
· Pro-actively reach out and build quality partnerships with strategic customers
· Mentor team members to improve their technical, communication, and leadership skills
· Effectively communicate, collaborate and negotiate across teams.
· A minimum of 2 years of technical, process and team leadership experience for QA and/or design and development teams.
· B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Human Computer Interaction / Software Usability.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid understanding and experience in applying state-of-the-art software quality assurance methods, strategies, concepts, and tools.
· Experience with commercial or internally developed automation tools.
· Experience with 3D Mechanical CAD/CAE software (CATIA, IDEAS, Pro/Engineer, Inventor) is a plus.
· Experience working directly with customers in a support or service environment is plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI