INDIA-Bangalore: QA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to work as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test scripts
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product improvements.
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
Job Requirements Requirements:
•Experience with Storage Systems.
•QA experience and mindset.
•Good understanding of Unix/Linux/ windows/ Virtualization technologies.
•Working knowledge of VB/ Perl /Python.
•Gathering test requirements
•Developing, implementing and executing test strategy /plans.
•Developing test cases and automation of test cases.
•Tracking and Reporting test metrics.
•Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
•Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product improvements.
•You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
•A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
•Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
•Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
•Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
•Familiarity with basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
•Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
•Creative approach to complex problem solving.
•The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
•This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
•This individual must work effectively with staff to Director levels employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
•Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments; general guidance is provided on new assignments.
•The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
•To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience is required. 5 to 7 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI