US-CA-SanDiego: SQA Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
*Assist QA Director to establish processes that complement the tools and provides end-to-end traceability
*Facilitate tools and processes to develop & run FVT (Functional Verification Test)/SVT (System Verification Test)/Integration Test/Regression Test
*Facilitate generation of suitable test data to validate critical requirements and business rules of the application under test to expose regressive defects.
*Recommends process and systems quality improvements.
*Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute quality requirements and ensure that systems and technology support testability
*Communicate with cross functional program teams as part of a shared responsibility for total product quality
*Assist development and QA teams in researching or solving application issues.
*Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks.
*Collaborate with Development to effectively analyze and isolate complex system level problems
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or applicable work experience.
* Minimum 4 years recent work experience as a Test, Software or Implementation Engineer.
* Strong experience in Linux, Apache, SQL. MYSQL.
* Experience with Oracle and a solid understanding of database testing/concepts.
* Experience in the use of Unix command line tools, editors, and shell scripting.
* Experience with Perl, Python, Ruby, C#, XML or Java, with C/C++ desirable.
* Experience in the development and use of automated test frameworks and testing user interface desirable.
* Ability to explore code and use debugging tools to detail software issues.
* Experience in the use of SCM tools such as CVS, SVN, or git.
* Expertise in troubleshooting and reasoning skills.
* Proficient with ETL processes and tools.
* Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly, collaborate well in a team oriented, dynamic environment.
* Must have good oral/written communication skills.
* Healthcare experience and familiarity with medical data a significant plus.
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI