US-Madison-Wisconsin: Test Engineer
To see other opportunities,
please visit http://sqa.fyicenter.com
• Develop, implement, and improve test capability
• Lead the implementation of new processes or modifications to existing processes as required for support of the introduction of new products.
• Drive process changes to improve quality, delivery, safety, or other business measures.
• Monitor competitive publications, reports, etc. to identify competitor's testing capabilities
• Conduct competitive product evaluation/testing on new/unique/different competitive designs
• Work with the VPI teams to accomplish the business goals.
• Assists in developing calibration procedures and specifying NIST traceable standards
• Continuously enhances technical / functional skills through internal/ external training.
• Awareness or understanding of aerosol physics, particle counting, fluid dynamics
• Responsible for specifying, installing and implementing new equipment.
• Leads development of new test procedures:
- Gather customer requirements
- Develops test plan
- Analyzes results using statistical methods
- Prepares technical reports and communicates findings
- Train future equipment users
• Track data quality metrics and provide feedback to the lab operations team on data quality issues and assist in troubleshooting problems with technicians as well as other engineers.
• Actively participate on 6 Sigma projects.
• Identify opportunities to reduce measurement uncertainty and pursue equipment improvement to achieve those reductions
• Understanding of visual basic and Labview - able to diagnose/develop/create "on-the-fly" test setups and programs
• Work with TSFE group in identifying gaps in our testing capabilities - prioritize and develop plan to fill those gaps
• Assist the TSFE group in identifying gaps and development of new Analysis Led Design tools
• Define and assist in Technical Profiles for components and systems
• Participate in the design process from Concept to Production, where needed
• Define and Execute System and Component Validation Plans
• Conduct Engine and Component testing (whole engine dynamometer tests & component/system rig tests)
• Apply Project Management tools to ensure project deliverables are met.
• Apply Data analysis tools and techniques (where applicable)
• Supporting and debugging problem reports and change requests
To apply for this position, please visit
Team SQAFYI - Software QA Resource FYI